KONSERT AMAL PDRM
"Konsert Amal PDRM" organized by His Highness Prince Abdul Jalil Ibni Sultan Ibrahim in collaboration with PDRM Johor (Royal Malaysian Police). The charity Concert will be held this coming 15th June 2014 to raise funds for PERKEP (Police family association).
PERKEP was established in August 1967 to foster rapport and to build good relationship among the spouses of police man and women together with the respective civilian staff. PERKEP has since evolved over the years closely working with the Royal Malaysian Police in organising events and activities not only for the members and families of PDRM but also the community. Events and activities organised thus far are welfare services which includes visits, education and contributions in cash.
Since its establishment, PERKEP has organized various charitable activities, namely:
- Contributions to former Police personnel and family members in terms of cash and medical assistance
- Provide basic necessities to flood victims in Johor during the recent flood occurrence
- Contributing to disabled children and the less fortunate spouse/widow of police personnel
- Seminars and awareness campaign for personal security and sexual crime against women and children
- Seminars and skills workshops for the children of police personnel including religious studies
- Educate spouses with skills to generate income especially those of low income personnel
- Annual Sponsorship to orphanage, shelters for the elderly and special schools
Moving forward, we would like to continue this social responsibility effort to honour and care for the welfare of PERKEP.